Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My First Love ... (continued)

As the months went by and Bob landed a job here at a bank that is no longer around and closed some years back during the Savings and Loan mess and how all or most of them failed and closed down, California Federal was one of them.  I know how proud he felt and I was so excited for him, but I also never doubted that he would find something quickly.  He is a very smart when it came to the banking arena and I loved the way he looked in his suits, so handsome. Bob was so excited to land this job.  He was a Supervisor and really knew what he was doing.  Once he started working and all of us got settled and got used to being with each other in that two bedroom, four of us all together, Bob's mom came out to visit us for a few days and he was so excited to have her here.  Of course I was a nervous wreck, but seemed to make it through.  Somehow, she intimidated me.  I never told Bob that, but good grief.  She was the mother in law and we all know how that is.  She was truly an amazing woman and what made her happy was to see her son happy.  I did my best to make him happy with what I knew at the time.  We had such an amazing time when she was out here.  We went to Disneyland and that was my first time going and we stayed the entire day and just enjoyed the park.  Bob had mentioned to her that I was having problems with my car, which was a 1970 Volkswagen Beetle, yellow in color, but I still loved it.  His mom, on behalf of Bob, decided to co-sign on a car for me.  Wow, I was so excited and so grateful to her and to Bob for this wonderful gift. 

As the months went by, things began to get a little too cramped for all of living in that two bedroom with four people.  We started having some minor issues with our roommates.  All of us moved from our current apartment on the 7th story down to the 1st level into a corporate unit that was completely furnished, since none of us had any furniture at the time.  That is when things really got ugly with our roommates and we thought it would be best to find our own apartment.  So Bob and I started the search for our own place.  We found a cute little one bedroom not too far away from the current place and thought it would be fine for the two of us.  We gave our roommates notice and moved out.  

Once Bob and I got settled into our new apartment, Bob and I had the opportunity to be able to grow closer and closer to each other.  Sure we had our ups and our downs, but as I look back at it now, I always loved him.  We started to have more downs than ups towards the end of our relationship.  Bob did everything in his power to make it work, but I was such an asshole to him, that nothing he would do or say made it any better.  I was finally taking after my dad.  The mental and physical abuse I put Bob through was unacceptable, but that is all I knew how to be, was a complete jerk to someone who loved me with all his heart.  I didn't know how to react to being loved or even, for that matter, give love back in return.  Sure I always told him that I love him and I really did, but in a fucked up way.  A way that finally drove him crazy and depressed and he lost a lot of weight through all of this.  We broke up and got back together so many times, all I would have to do is beg and I would beg and promise that I would change and I would be back in his good graces.  Things quickly went back to the way they were.  His heart was broken so many times, too many.  


I look back at that relationship and I am so grateful that I had the pleasure and opportunity of spending the time I did with him.  We really did have many good times, and I would like to think that those outweigh the rough and turbulent times we went through with each other.  We connected in so many ways, sexually, spiritually and became very good friends while we were together.  We crossed paths not too long ago and I am so blessed to be able to have him in my life today.  He has not changed a bit, and still looks like he is in his twenties.  My sister called me up one night back in the late nineties about this new sitcom that was on TV and that I should watch and then let her know what I thought of the show.  That show was "Will and Grace" and the reason why she wanted me to watch it was because the character Will looked and acted just like Bob in every way.  I do have to admit that every time I watched the show, I was reminded of him. My sister loves him and thinks the world of him.  I remember one night all three of us went out to our usual place, the Motherload, and I had turned away for just a second and looked back and they were making out!  All I could do is just laugh and shake my head because I knew she had nothing on me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment