Sunday, March 4, 2012

Remembering .......

Remembering ..........

Sunday morning, feeling a bit better than yesterday .......

sitting here having my coffee, thinking of when I was a baby, well with what I remember anyway, my childhood was wonderful.  I didn't have a care in the world or any worries.  I was always a happy baby, smiling, giggling all the time.

As our parents always do, they take us to get our baby pictures done at an early age, well, when I was just about 6- months to a year old, mom and dad took my to K-mart, yes K-mart, to get my pictures taken.  My mom told me that it was an all day affair, in a good way.  As the photographer started to give me my "props" i.e. teddy bear, telephone etc, I started to giggle in only a way a baby giggles ...... that uncontrollable giggle that makes you, yourself, start to laugh so hard, giggle if you will, until tears start running down your face kind of giggle.  Even the photographer had to stop and gather his composer because of the laughter he was engaged in himself.  My mom said that a crowd began to form around the photo booth and enjoy the show in a good way.  Everyone told my mom what a beautiful baby I was and how is that he is so happy all time? My mom just told the crowd that she could not be any happier to have me as her son, brings her so much joy.

As I think about these memories and look back at how my life has been and where I am now, I ask myself, WTF!? I love to play the victim in all of this, but I am getting too old and I just don't care anymore ........ Where has my life gone, drugs, partying and wasting away the last twenty years of my life!  With the introduction of Facebook into our lives and other social media outlets, I see my old high school friends ..... they all have families, great jobs and homes and most of all a life I wish I had.

Anyway I will continue this later on ....... I am not wanting to "feel" right now .........

1 comment:

  1. I definitely can understand the feeling of wasting away. Even if it's not 20 years, a feeling of wasting can take place in 3 months, a year, or even five. That's why I made a comittment to myslef never to waste my own time. Every quarter of school I want to sit out and rest and I think about "what if I had of done that last quarter" I wouldn't be as far as I am "this quarter".

    I also can get down with some K-Mart Portrait Studio pics. I have a set of those as well.

    At the end of everyday I rememebr that this is the only life that I will be given. There will be no second chance to get this right or do the things how I wanted to do them. I won't be back to redo what I could have done initially and that can be difficult for others to adopt or to understand, but what becomes more important than anything is that I understand it and I await to opportunity to surround myself with those who understand this as well!

    ReplyDelete