Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My First Love ...... (Continued)

After Bob moved here from Chicago, things were amazing.  I was in my very first adult relationship, and with another man.  I was still hiding my identity from everyone, my family mostly.  Everyone at work knew though, half the branch was gay, so of course.  It was nice to finally have him here and right before the Holidays.  We were able to spend our first Thanksgiving and Christmas together.  New Years was very special as it was also my nineteenth birthday and what a wonderful way to spend it than to spend it with someone as special as he was to me.  

Thanksgiving was incredible.  I did most of the cooking, the turkey and all the trimmings.  I was pretty amazed on how everything turned out actually because it was my first at cooking a turkey, it came out very good.   I had a lot of fun.  We truly enjoyed the day together.  Our roommates joined us for dinner as well and all of had an amazing day.  We all had a great relationship and had a lot of fun together and never had any issues.  It was like a family, which meant a lot since I did not have my own around and was estranged from my father by this time.   I leaned a lot on Bob for emotional support around this time and he was always there to make things better for me and was able to put a smile back on my face when I was feeling a little down.  


When Christmas came, we went tree shopping and that was a special time for us.  At the time, I had a Volkswagen beetle and so we had to put the tree on top of that thing.  We had the tree flocked and looked amazing.  Once we got it back to the place we started to decorate and our roommates joined in as well.  Sounds pretty cheesy but we had a great time and wanted to include them as well.  At the end, the tree looked amazing.  Christmas time was so beautiful to be able to wake up next to the man of my dreams, reach over and kiss him on the cheek and wish him merry Christmas was truly a blessing.  We woke up and opened our gifts and enjoyed the day.  We again made Christmas dinner and called our families and wished them a very merry Christmas and that we missed them terribly.  

New Years was just as wonderful as I had hoped it would be.  We all got dressed up and went out to a club and brought the New Year in by dancing the night away until way after midnight and they all sang happy birthday to me at midnight and I never felt so special to have all my friends and the one I love there on my birthday and on top of that, it being New Years as well.  We carried on until very late.  I will never forget that year, one because it was our first New Years together but also because we lived across the street from an apartment complex being built at the time.  When we were turning onto our street from coming home from being out, we were greeted by a bunch of police that had barricaded off the access to the street where we lived and could not enter.  The reason was that someone had been found murdered, actually cut to pieces in the construction across the street from our building.  Oh my GOD! We were all completely freaked out and scared, but the police said it would be alright to head home into our building because they had swept the area and it was safe.  Well we did not take any precautions so we all slept with butcher knives by our beds.  Needles to say that was a New Years that none of us will ever forget.  



1 comment: