Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My First Love ......

Sometimes now and then I feel as though I am reaping what I sew.  The mistakes I have made and the people I have hurt in the process.  All that has been going through my head that last couple of years but more now than ever before.  I guess because I am single at the moment and feel at a very low point in my life.  

Back in the fall of 1989 after I had moved out of my dad's place and into my own sharing with roommates, new friends I had met while going out in West Hollywood, I had met someone one night.  A week or so prior to moving in with my friends I was on my way out to West Hollywood to meet them at one of the bars we always hung out at, the Motherload.  It was a small little bar, a "stand and model" type of bar as we used to call them back in the day.  There was no dancing at this one, just a lot of us standing around listening to great music and having a great time.  

It was a Saturday night and I was a little early coming through Laurel Canyon, a shortcut I would take and it would dump me right on the edge of West Hollywood.  Since I was early and did not have to meet my friends for about another hour or so, I was driving down Santa Monica Blvd and saw this other bar with people hanging outside who looked like there were like me, so I decided to stop in and see what it was all about.  It was the Gold Coast, an Icon to the city of West Hollywood, been there forever.  Anyway, I went in, ordered me a beer and found a nice place to stand and just check things out.  It was another one of those "stand and model" bars.  

I was there for a good half hour before I noticed this guy up by the pool table and we both caught each others eyes.  He smiled and I was very nervous and quite shy so I froze there for a moment before I smiled back.  He was so incredibly good looking, I was very insecure about it too.  He finally waved me up to meet me and I went up there and stood by him, shook his hand and we introduced ourselves.  I stayed there with him for awhile until I had to leave to go to meet my friends.  We had great conversation and got to know each other a bit more.  He was out here on vacation from Chicago visiting his best friends for awhile.  I was lucky enough to walk in that bar and to meet him when I did.  I could tell that I was really into him.  We talked and talked for a very long time.  We ended up kissing each other and I have never felt like this before in my life.  Sure I had been kissed, but not like this, and not by someone like him.  

I wanted this night to last forever!  I had to leave to go meet up with my friends, so I asked if he and his friends would like to join me and head on over to meet with my friends, he said he would love to.  I told him I would love to spend more time with you, so he ended up coming with me in my car.  We made it to the place where all my friends were and I introduced him and all his friends and the night went on.  It was the best night of my life so far.  Of course I was in love the very first time we met our eyes on each other.  The way he smiled at me.  He was a beautiful man and still is.  We all had such a great time that night.  My friends told me that they really liked him and that he seemed to be a real great guy.  Well, as it turned out, he was and we ended up spending the rest of his vacation together.  

I was truly heart broken to see him go back to Chicago, but we promised each other that we would stay in touch and that we would see where things would go from there.  I absolutely fell head over heals for him the moment I saw him and knew that I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life.  We continued our long distance relationship for a few months.  He and I decided to make a plan and he would move out to Los Angeles to be with me.  I was so excited and so flattered to know that he was doing this for me.  His family was so happy for him and invited me out to Chicago and paid for the plain ticket and everything.  They had a going away party for him and all his family and friends were there to say goodbye.  His family was so nice and accepting to me, I was completely caught off guard, mainly because I was still in the closet to my family and to see his treat him the way they did and me as well was just truly God sent.  He finally ended up moving here and in with me and my roommates.  This was the beginning of our relationship and our story. 


No comments:

Post a Comment